[olug] Heart attack after 11.04 upgrade

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Jun 28 16:45:31 UTC 2011

Sam wrote:
> On 6/28/11 11:29 AM, aric at omahax.com wrote:
>> want a lightweight gui?
>> apt-get install mc
>
> Considering Ben's preference in email clients I think he might just take
> you up on this one ;)

I don't recall ever saying I wanted a light-weight GUI.  Compared to
the photo editing apps I run, my window manager takes a miniscule
amount of resources.  8GB of RAM means I almost never page any more.

And yes, I still use 'elm' as my primary email client, although I'm
wanting to change that sometime soon.  Too many of the messages I get
these days are graphical.  There are plugins for tbird that allow you
to edit a message with vi, and it's getting to the point where having
IMAP access to my mailbox would be more useful than having shell access
to it.  I just need to work it out so my procmail & spamassassin
configs stay in place...