[olug] WM recommendation for switchers

ProwL prowl at darkscience.org
Wed Sep 30 00:04:42 UTC 2009

I am growing fonder of LXDE these days. No need for lubuntu or etc, lxde
comes in the ubuntu repos.

I've always not liked the heavier environments like GNOME, KDE, etc.

You'll find me using flux, openbox, lxde, or a keyboard driven WM like
wmii,

Currently rocking LXDE in my Fedora installation, and its very
functional. lxpanel is more stable lately, and the style configurations
are moderately tolerable, sharing a combination of openbox themes and
GTK themes. I could live without the GTK theming.