[olug] WM recommendation for switchers

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Wed Sep 30 00:57:45 UTC 2009

The original questions was a new user trying out *nix.  In my opinion, for
new users, gnome is it.  After they have cut the cord with m$, they can find
the wm of their dreams, if they want.  The goal should be encouraging them,
not shoving them off the dock.  I too have a soft spot for minimalist wm's
but I don't find mucking with every dial to be a benefit -- good enough is
often just right.  gnome is deifnitely good enough for newb's.

-Jeff