[olug] Debian forgets my mouse

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 17:30:29 UTC 2008

Hello -- longtime subscriber, seldom poster.

I have a older box (PII 400!) running Debian.  I use the PS2 Aux for my
mouse.   I had the mouse working fine in X, but then upgrade the kernel via
"apt upgrade" and now I can't get the mouse to be recognized at all. The
psmouse module is loaded, but no luck in getting it to move. I've used
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg to reconfigure my X setttings but it asks
nothing about the mouse.  Manually editing "/dev/psaux" or "/dev/input/mice"
into the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file also doesn't work.  And I see nothing when
doing "cat  /dev/psaux" and move the mouse.  Same as "cat /dev/input/mice"

All the above was given after much googling and hair-pulling.  To me, my
system doesn't know the mouse is there.  Anyone on how to get this to work?

--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/