[olug] Teachers are the obstacle between the classroom and

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:02:18 UTC 2008

There are also teachers on the opposite end of the spectrum than the
one mentioned in the blog. One of the teachers I had at ITT was an
excellent one who was making an excellent living as a consultant, and
was the image of professionality. If I have a question about whether
it would be professional, I have only to ask myself "What would Larry
Patrick Johnson do?" Yet he gave up the consulting gig so that he
could teach because he loved to do so. He has been promoted out of the
teaching job into one where he is in a direct position to influence
other teachers. I am considering going on in school just so I can work
for him during the evenings.