[olug] Teachers are the obstacle between the classroom and

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Wed Dec 10 22:48:15 UTC 2008

> Luke, for your comment "Where did you get *that* idea?" about "I thought
> teachers were supposed to be smart people?" you should be ashamed.  There
> are many very good, very intelligent teachers who are working for a lower
> salary than they could get in the corporate world because they enjoy helping
> others learn.

Yeah, what John said.

While there are a few teachers whom I openly mock because they fall
into the same group as the one in the blog, most of the teachers I
know are of at least average (if not above) intelligence and are
far more willing than me to sacrifice their lifestyles in the name
of caring for our kids and improving our society through education.

I send my kids to private school, too, but for different reasons.