[olug] Newbie Question

Jack jdunn110 at cox.net
Tue Jan 17 03:31:30 UTC 2006

    Thanks for the ssh suggestion.  Sorry that had to be sent twice for
me to actually try it.  That does indeed allow me to connect.
    Now I'm busily ready man pages to figure out how to use sftp thru
ssh to transfer files - or is there a better way?
    (maybe I should have taken that advanced network admin course at
metro after all...)

    Jack
/
How exactly are you trying to connect to them?  Have you tried ssh?  If
you have any type of firewall turned on, I'm assuming the HTTP ports
will be blocked by default.  However, in general port 22 (ssh) is open
for remote administration.
ssh -l username ip_address/