[olug] Two different distros on the same HD

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jan 12 18:50:28 UTC 2005

I use Partition Boot Manager (www.sadevelopment.com) to use multiple OS's
on one HD.  I think the most I've done with this utility was something like
5 or 6 different OS's.  The nice thing about it, is it stores itself on the
first cylinder of the HD and is therefore completely OS independent.  This
means that if OS foo gets foo-barred you can still boot and use the other
OS's on the HD.

The owner/operator/programmer is really committed to customer service too.
I had a problem it took us a couple weeks to fix and he custom made several
debug versions of the program for me to test.  As it turned out the problem
was not with the software at all, it was with the hardware, but he stuck
with me through the troubleshooting process despite the fact I bought it
several years ago.

Bill