[olug] Two different distros on the same HD

Tim OBrien IrishMASMS at OLUG.ORG
Wed Jan 12 18:41:49 UTC 2005

<quote who="Don Kauffman">
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to be able to experiment and take my time transitioning between
> two different distributions and I'd like to install both on the same
> hard drive. So I'm looking for good documentation on setting up
> partitioning for running two different distributions from the same hard
> Drive. It seems to me this should be possible. The documentation I've
> found seems to suggest that different Hard drives are the way to go.
>
> For example:
> http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=04/12/23/2033238&from=rss

Don - agreed. In fact, when dual booting with WinDoz & *nix/BSD it is
highly suggested you use two separate hard drives.

Yes, you can use one drive partitioned for the two (or more) OSes - but
the best fault redundant solution is to use two separate drives.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Previous Publicity & Social activities chairperson