[olug] Library software request

Ryan Stille rps at willconsult.com
Wed Oct 20 23:41:39 UTC 2004

> What specific capabilities are you looking for? Any incidents that
> prompted you to investigate this sort of solution?

I would like to be able to load books, CDs, DVDs, etc into the system by scanning the ISBN or typing it in.  Then have the system load up all relevant data from Amazon or the Library of Congress.

Then allow users to check material in and out on their own.   This will be a system in a (very small) church library, so there wouldn't be a librarian on hand.  The library hasn't been used much before, but it's being expanded now.  They are using some type paper/card system for checkin/checkout currently.

Tim, I saw your post about moving to Las Vegas; best of luck to you.  I think you will be missed from the Omaha group.

-Ryan in Sioux City