[olug] What to do with old cable modems

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Tue Apr 6 02:18:49 UTC 2004

Charles Bird wrote:

>When I first moved to town a couple months ago I tried getting the "business" connection, which I assumed would have a better upload, but is exactly the same thing except u have the option for a static IP. Download is great, i just wish i could get atleast 512Kb up, I'll pay them, they wont do it.

I know, and feel your pain.  :(  They really need a "hobbiest" level of
service.  I want a static IP and decent up/down bandwidth at a decent
price.  I'd tolerate a reasonable weekly or monthly transfer cap, as I
really am just a hobbiest and not a business trying to get by cheap.
 (I'd put something in place myself anyway, to guard against an
accidental slashdotting or something.)  But they won't do it.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
www.ChristTrek.org