[olug] What to do with old cable modems

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Sat Apr 3 19:32:54 UTC 2004

U mean two messages from me?

Well anyway, I heard that cable providers usually find out if someone has uncapped within 24hrs, I dont know if thats true and I really dont care to find out.Although having a better upload would be so so much better.
When I first moved to town a couple months ago I tried getting the "business" connection, which I assumed would have a better upload, but is exactly the same thing except u have the option for a static IP. Download is great, i just wish i could get atleast 512Kb up, I'll pay them, they wont do it.