[olug] What to do with old cable modems

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Tue Apr 6 16:31:03 UTC 2004

I've heard about "shotgun DSL" I wonder if there is a way to do that with cable? I know that not to many people know about shotgun DSL and I really havnt figured it out yet either but basicly you can get two lines two dsl routers and one IP, however I've heard that it really works out the DNS. So if one were to get the 1.5Mb/896Kb line X 2 that would be faster than a T-1 in theory and for less than half the price too! But with cable the upload would only be up to 512k and download would be around 6Mb...I dont think its worth trying until cox gives us 512kb up per line.