[olug] linux ppc and wireless

whaisch4 at cox.net whaisch4 at cox.net
Fri Oct 3 03:33:40 UTC 2003

> Has anybody had any luck configuring wireless on a
> Mac? I am using yellowdog 3.0 on a PowerBook G4.

Try "iwconfig eth1" to get the wireless working.  Use
"dhclient eth1" to get an IP.  You may have to tell YD
that airport exists by issuing a "ifconfig eth1 up".
YD works well with standard 802.11b airport but has not
got the airport extreme drivers yet.  YD 3.0 is a port
of Red Hat 8.2, for anyone that cares.... you might
have some luck typing "yellow dog airport dhclient iwconfig"
into google.  Without Google, I am but a man....

-Wm.
bill at whaisch.com