[olug] Error w/cdrdao

Eric Pierce eric_olug at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 13:08:30 UTC 2003

Howdy all and all cdrdao gurus welcome!

After using 'cdrecord' during my formative years with
Linux, I finally decided to try to burn an audio CD in
DAO mode - so I'm messing around with cdrdao.

My .toc file seems to be in order - (no errors when I
'cdrdao show-toc table.toc').

And my simulation burn "finished successfully" -
('cdrdao simulate table.toc')

However, I get the following error when do it for
real.

$ cdrdao write table.toc
Cdrdao version 1.1.7 - (C) Andreas Mueller
<andreas at daneb.de>
  SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
  Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty

Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for
current driver tables.

Using libscg version
'andreas-0.5-UNIXWARE_Patch-and-resmgr'

0,0,0: PHILIPS CDD4851 CD-R/RW  Rev: C3.7
Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC (raw writing) -
Version 2.0 (options 0x0000)

Starting write at speed 12...
Pausing 10 seconds - hit CTRL-C to abort.
Process can be aborted with QUIT signal (usually
CTRL-\).
Turning BURN-Proof onUsing 16 byte P-Q sub-channel
data mode.
Executing power calibration...
?: Input/output error.  : scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 13 00 00 00 00 73 03
00 00
Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x73 Qual 0x03 (power calibration area
error) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 3.087s timeout 20s
ERROR: Power calibration failed.
ERROR: Use option --force to ignore this error.
ERROR: Writing failed.