[olug] To RAID or not to RAID

Christopher R. White slaeyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 18:01:56 CDT 2014

For the moment, the best I have is a fireproof safe to store the drives
in.  This is upstairs in the closet, bolted to the wall and shelf, so
barring a flood that doesn't cover the house, we're good, lol.

As for the drive sled, its transparent to the OS and it doesn't use a
caddy, the drive sits behind a door and just slides in.

I've looked at online backup solutions but can't afford them at this time.