[olug] PRTG mib editing

Hurley, Rod RHurley at TENASKA.com
Tue Mar 6 15:57:27 UTC 2012

Anyone use PRTG for SNMP monitoring?  We sent them a techsupp email (to Germany) regarding merging mibs together.  Long story short:  The mib files are just text files, readable with notepad.  Some of the files combine several sensors together into a template, but others don't.  PRTG support says you cannot combine the information to modify the templates.  Odd, considering it looks like a cut/paste job.  We obviously could just wing it, but I thought I would ping you guys first to see if anyone has done it before.

Rod Hurley
SCSE, SQSVA, CompTIA Storage+
Tenaska, Inc.
P402-758-6187