[olug] Linux Systems Programming (fwd)

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Oct 7 02:46:29 UTC 2011

> Not to be intentionally dense, but what exactly is a "Systems Programmer"?
> Kernel hacking, shell scripts, glue code, what?

That's open to interpretation.  You'll have to contact the headhunter
for a better description.  I asked for one, but since I wasn't interested
in the job, he didn't share it with me.

At my previous job, a "systems programmer" was a sysadmin who wrote the
occasional shell script.  Not what I'd call a systems programmer, but
nobody asked me.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com