[olug] CentOS Dead?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon May 16 17:48:56 UTC 2011

On 05/16/2011 12:34 PM, Chad Homan wrote:
> I have no doubt this will be an interesting converstion / thread.  Perhaps
> those more in tune with
> CentOS can fill in the gaps.  But anyways, so I came home for lunch and  saw
> this on distrowatch:

Meh, centos6 certainly has taken awhile.  My own outsiders' point of view:
1.  it has indeed been too long, largely because they're testing/QA
standards seem to have grown overly strict.
2.  Mix in point releases for both centos5 and centos4 in the meantime
that kept them busy.
3.  the centos team processes had been overly opaque historically, but
most folks didn't mind too much since they always produced; though
transparency has been slowly improving over time.
4. it is not unheard of for dag to pull ego/publicity stunts like this
when things don't go 100% his way.

-- Rex