[olug] CentOS Dead?

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:51:18 UTC 2011

I have been feeling this myself. My server, which I have been wanting
to move to an updated kernel in hopes that it will accomodate hardware
that I have, is currently running CentOS 5.5. I want to move it to
CentOS 6, but it has been coming <strike>"soon"</strike> for some time
now. RHEL 6.1 is in the works, and CentOS 6.0 is nowhere to be seen. I
have already made the decision to switch my home server to Scientific
because at least it has version 6. I'm watching a thread on the
official CentOS forums and I see that I'm not alone.