[olug] December OLUG Meeting Tue Dec 6 6:30 PM Presentation and Holiday Social Hour

SndChaser sndchaser at cerebralrift.org
Wed Dec 7 16:26:16 UTC 2011

Thanks for the time to show it off.  If there's interest I could do a
follow-up with a bit of a deeper dive into Intranet indexing, web
crawling, NAT'ing, relevance algorithms, etc.  I'm definitely am going
to be spending more time with it...

George

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 06:15:17 -0600, Jon Larsen wrote:
> Thank to everyone who brought food out last night for our first ever
> Holiday Social!
>
> And thanks to George to presenting on YaCy P2P search engine.
> Sorry the stream dropped out 8 1/2 minutes into your presentation. :(
>
> On 12/06/2011 08:35 AM, SndChaser wrote:
>> Jon,
>>
>> Did you get someone to do a presentation tonight? If not I have
>> something kinda neat I found over the weekend that I can do a
>> 10-15minute (maybe a bit longer) presentation on. Let me know
>> off-list
>> if you want more info / want me to give a presentation.
>>
>> George
>>
>> On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 09:32:32 -0600, Jon Larsen wrote:
>>> The December OLUG Meeting is coming up this Tuesday, December 6th
>>> at
>>> 6:30 PM.
>>>
>>> If you would like to do a 30 minute presentation, please contact me
>>> Off List. We need a short little presentation, maybe a how to to
>>> break the ice.
>>>
>>> After the presentation part of the meeting (hence the 30 min
>>> duration), I would like to have a social hour for the holidays.
>>> Talk,
>>> exchange GPG keys, have some snacks, discuss penguins, etc.
>>>
>>> The social hour will begin around 7:15.
>>>
>>> Please bring a snack with you. Bring something to drink for
>>> yourself.
>>> Post to the mailing list what you plan to bring so we don't all
>>> bring
>>> a bag of chips.
>>>
>>> After an hour, or so, we'll move over to Bishops Bar and Grill.
>>>
>>> Please come out and say hello!
>>>
>>> Jon L.

We need to heed the words of the Dalai Lama,
Or at least, the words of your mama.