[olug] Future meeting topics

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:55:19 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Brian Roberson <brian at bstc.net> wrote:
> Fellow OLUG'ers.
>
> I know we didn't talk about future topics, but I would be willing to give
> the following multi-part talks:
>
> (DONT flame me for being Oracle centric, I really am not, it just so happens
> I've been using a lot of their utils)
>
> 1) iscsi target/initiator configuration
> 2) Oracle Mysql Multi-master configuration (replication)
> 3) Oracle OCFS2 filesystem via iscsi  / multi initiator (clustered
> filesystem)
> 4) Oracle O2CB (RAC) Cluster using iscsi / OCFS2
> 5) Oracle VBOX / phpvirtualbox
>

> Let me know if there is any interest on these topics, and I will put
> together some presentations.

i liked your mention of a follow on IPv6 talk.

Does the cox connection on AIM have IP4to6?  Between that and the
fellow oluggers sharing their cellular 3G type connections (generally
native IPv6) it would be instructive for us to configure a virtual
machine with numerous IPv6 gateways and test source based routing to
each different IPv6 network.

+MySQL replication.

+VBOX / VirtualBox

+phpVirtualBox would

As i understood it, an iSCSI mount is not shareable among users, so i
did not see it fulfilling a need except for starting up virtual
machines over a LAN?