[olug] OT - Openoffice

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 19:18:13 UTC 2010

OO Base offers connections to Exchange AddressBook and other Exchange
LDAP connections.

The Extension / Plug-In capabilities offer much better languages than
vb.  OO.o Integration capabilities are impressive.  Imported Macros
worked except when coded poorly.

When old machines die, MS Office is no longer installed.  Down to 2
machines and they will not be around long.

i still want my time back from the times i neurotically swapped in
different licensed CDs of MS Office to add in a feature to MS Word to
no avail.  Wasted too much time with Microsoft licensing.