[olug] OT - Openoffice

Amy Mason amason80 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 20:00:30 UTC 2010

My preference for Office Suites is entirely based on which OS I'm using at
the time.

On Windows, I have to use Office because OO is not presently screen reader
accessible, unless something has recently changed.

On Linux.. well I don't seem to have much choice do I?  Though OO works
pretty well with Orca.  I'm quite pleased with it in the Linux environment,
and am pretty certain that the Microsoft offering (the one that doesn't
exist) would not be accessible with the tools available.

I don't know what I'd use on Mac.. but I'd give OO a try before I ever
touched office.

FYI There was also a Computerworld article on this, but I don't have the
link available right now.