[olug] Ubuntu home to RAID0

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Jul 14 01:32:47 UTC 2010

For what it's worth, when I setup my RAID-5 (3 * 320GB HDDs) under Ubuntu
8.04 a couple years ago, I did it all from CLI and it was fine.

For what it's worth, I think these are the basic steps:
1: Delete and re-create the new partitions labeled as MD-RAID partitions.
2: Use the MDAdmin to create the /dev/mdXX entry using the MD-RAID
partitions.
3: Create the new partition on the new /dev/mdXX, then "mkfs /dev/mdXX"
4: Mount and copy as usual...

If you want, download and install VMware Player, install U10.04, then
practice on virtual hardware...?

Good luck!

Dan