[olug] OT: Netbook options

webtrekker at cox.net webtrekker at cox.net
Sun Jan 3 14:49:14 UTC 2010

Hi All,
I'm looking help on what my options are for a netbook.  The situation is I am heading to Ethiopia in 12 days to adopt our newest family member and don't want to lug my laptop due to weight and size, but would like have a way to transfer pics from my camera memory card to a secondary device (netbook hd or external hd).
The other wrinkle is cost, as most (geez .... all ) of my dollars are tied up in the adoption.  I can only squeeze out about $100 or so.
I have let the whole netbook world pass me by as I don't really have a need except for this trip, so I don't really understand the pros/cons between the devices ... Asus vs Acer vs whatever....
Have I rambled enough yet... geez

Oh, and internet access in Ethiopia is spotty at best with the "good" lines running at 24k dialup...

Any pointers/suggestion would be very grateful!

Patrick