[olug] Max range on WAPs

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Fri Feb 26 16:00:16 UTC 2010

Best bet is to get a second AP at grandma's and link the two.  You could
go with an external AP and might be able to get inside at both houses
but you are going find it pretty hard to get a reliable signal inside
house 2 with the AP inside house 1.

I'm assuming you don't need anything fancy for the AP at grandma's so
you could go with a b/g router which should be cheap/free.  The link you
can do fairly cheaply using ubiquity loco2s at $50/end.
http://store.wisp-router.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=Loco2&eq=&Tp=

Sam Tetherow
Sandhills Wireless