[olug] Max range on WAPs

Trent Melcher trentm at q.com
Fri Feb 26 19:05:41 UTC 2010

Let me check with my neighbor on what equipment he has and get back with
you.  His house from mine (line-of-site) is at about 1000 ft and I can see
his AP from my laptop inside my house,  signal strength is about 35% which
isn't too bad for that distance.  Granted there are no trees between us and
both our houses are on hills so it may just be luck that I can connect to
the internet from his AP at that distance.

Trent