[olug] Which certifications are worthwhile?

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Tue Sep 22 14:41:11 UTC 2009

I like certifications that don't expire...  My A+ from 1999 is still valid.

There are at least 2 points of view.

If you are doing it for fun, get a certificate for something you want to
learn about.

If you are doing it for money, get a certification in something where the
target customers are used to spending lots of money on IT.