[olug] OT: Cell Phone Recommendation

Dan Anderson dan-anderson at cox.net
Sat Oct 3 19:09:39 UTC 2009

No, there are several active amateur radio clubs in Omaha and for a
long time now getting your license is a lot easier since they removed
the morse code requirement.  All you have to study now is the FCC
legal issues and basic electronics (which if you don't know basic
electronics might be fun - it fits well into the open source/tinkerer
mindset).  Tests are offered regularly in the area for about $20 and
the study guide from the ARRL is about $20 as I recall.

Dan