[olug] need some quick help with sed

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Dec 21 21:18:33 UTC 2009

> i know it's sloppy, but that was the quick way of patching what i did wrong.
> when i go back to clean up the code, i will consolidate into a single, more
> elegant line of code.
> 10,000 lines of code and growning, so i need to be on to other aspects of it
> to get it fully functional.
> after that, i'll make it pretty.

SUUUURE you will...  Once it's functional, you'll never touch it again,
because it'll be damn low on your priority list.  Code that's initially
ugly, poorly written, and hard to maintain will forever remain ugly,
poorly written, and hard to maintain.  You're far better off writing
it correctly the first time.

That's one of my pet peeves.