[olug] Google Chrome on Linux

Todd Wittenmeier magitoddw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:23:56 UTC 2009

I've been using it, and sometimes it's great, sometimes it's been a
little slow to pull up pages believe it or not if they have flash on
em just like Eric said.

I can't wait for it to get done tho.. I love my firefox, but everyone
is right it's a little bloated.. but maybe thats what you get when try
to be as cross platform as that app is right?

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Eric P <eric.maillist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Charles Bird wrote:
>> Hey yall,  I havent been around much to observe discussions much latley, my
>> email changed as a result of terminating my own employment, so I dont know
>> if you guys and gals have been talking about Chrome on Linux latley or not.
>>
>> It Rocks, except I cant close it. lol, even killing in term via pid doesnt
>> work all the time, but as far as resource usage, its really nice, and fast.
>> I like this beta they got going on so far.
>
> I've been using Chromium for 4-5 months which I believe is even a newer build than the Chrome beta.   And updates come
> through regularly.
>
> Flash is a little clunkier than in Firefox (I have a 1.5 Ghz machine), but everything else is much, much zippier.  I use
> it for 90% of my regular browsing now.

-Todd