[olug] linux questions

K.J. Kirwan kjk_elec at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 2 05:00:50 UTC 2009

Hi Adam,

Welcome to Ubuntu.

If you use Ubuntu for DVDs, MP3s, etc., (media),
you might also want to take a look at Medibuntu:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
http://www.medibuntu.org/

I use the latest Ubuntu as my usual Linux distro,
because the EMC2 folks use Ubuntu LTS (currently 8.04)
and RTAI as the basis for their EMC2 system for CNC,
http://www.LinuxCNC.org/
which I work with often, so it makes it easier to go
back and forth.

Is the group still looking for meeting presentations?
Any interest in a presentation on CNC machines and EMC2?

Thanks,

K.J.