[olug] Anti-Virus for Lin Win Mac LiveCDRootkit Detection

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Wed Oct 22 19:30:57 UTC 2008

I wouldn't use the same product for your Windows desktops and your Linux
servers. Defense in depth - if your Windows AV miss something, and your
Linux SMB servers use the same AV product...

I wouldn't use ClamAV for anything these days - there are a lot of
trojans going around that ClamAV doesn't detect but the commercial
offerings do.

Commercial offerings to explore:

F-Prot (don't use the free version, pay for it!)
F-Secure
Kaspersky

--

Phil Brutsche