[olug] Anti-Virus for Lin Win Mac LiveCDRootkit Detection

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:09:51 UTC 2008

Was wondering what Anti-Virus shields you use on samba shares?  Of
course there is ClamAV, but I am willing to pay to keep those
definitions updated.
 Prefer a single vendor for Linux and Windows - Mac would be icing on the cake.

I am interested in fsecure bc I used their livecd for rootkit
detection.  However, RootKit detectors often only target Linux xor
Windows, not both.

 Would also like a whitelist provider.

Mcafee does have an inexpensive LinuxShield but no livecd rootkit
detector and the whitelist requires the much more expensive Host
Intrusion Prevention purchase.