[olug] real time monitoring of apache?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri May 9 03:13:52 UTC 2008

> Anyone know of a good tool to monitor an Apache server's real time
> performance?  My boss really likes the performance monitor tool in
> windows and wants something like that to monitor the apache servers.  It
> could be web based or run on a Win32 desktop.  Maybe there is something
> out there that streams in stats from the /server-status page? (he wasn't
> too happy with that, BTW).  I've been googing but haven't found anything
> yet.  Needs to be something free/open source.

How "real time" does it need to be?  Is a 5-minute average good enough?
If so, MRTG, Cacti, RRDTool, or the like might have something that
could pull stats from Apache and graph them over time.  For me,
Analog has provided as much info (daily update) as I've ever needed.

Knowing which stats you need and how he wants the presented would
be helpful.