[olug] EeePC, 4G w/Webcam

Matthew Platte 51 at triopticon.com
Tue Mar 11 22:00:12 UTC 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Sam Tetherow wrote:

> those who own(ed) one.

Hmm. [taps chin, stares at ceiling...] Nope, can't think of
anything.  I got my MacBook in '06 because the software I needed was
either Mac or Win.  Other than that... nothing springs to mind.

Folks talk about the higher quality engineering on the hardware side,
and that's probably valid yet on my low-end MacBook there are enough
physical problems to offset those theoretical gains.  For example,
that magnetic power cord is tres cool but once the cord melts down
for no apparent reason then you're looking at just another broken
toy. Etc.

If Macs were immune to hardware problems like OS X is immune to
Windows malware, that would indeed be something to crow about --
perhaps the Powerbook line comes closer to that ideal.

--

Remember: if the French hadn't saved our asses in the revolutionary
war, we'd all be speaking English right now.