[olug] Memory for aging Proliant

dutch go101 at godutchgo.com
Wed Jul 30 01:20:23 UTC 2008

Still have in production one Proliant 1600 R 6600 which is a P3 with 512
mb.  Getting correctable / uncorrectable memory errors and periodic
reboots.  Errors listed in banks 1, 2, 3.  I think mem is paired dimms
in this box, so maybe four 128mb dimms?  It needs to run for a while
longer, looking for anybody that might have memory locally for this box
or maybe one of these big old servers.  Probably memory but might be
mobo, will take what we can get at this point to keep it running.  Need
to end up with 512 mb min, thought I saw somewhere system could go up to
1 gb.

Thanks in advance,
Dutch