[olug] Memory for aging Proliant

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Wed Jul 30 02:08:31 UTC 2008

> Still have in production one Proliant 1600 R 6600 which is a P3 with 512
> mb.  Getting correctable / uncorrectable memory errors and periodic
> reboots.  Errors listed in banks 1, 2, 3.  I think mem is paired dimms
> in this box, so maybe four 128mb dimms?  It needs to run for a while
> longer, looking for anybody that might have memory locally for this box
> or maybe one of these big old servers.  Probably memory but might be
> mobo, will take what we can get at this point to keep it running.  Need
> to end up with 512 mb min, thought I saw somewhere system could go up to
> 1 gb.

I'm not familiar with the 1600 R, but if it takes PC133 ECC memory
like my DL360 G1 P3's, then I've got stacks of 128MB DIMMs I can share.
They do not have to be paired.

I'm in Lincoln right now, but I'll be in Omaha (Epply) at 5am Wednesday
and in L.A. for the rest of the week.  If you're desperate enough to
meet me there before I pass security at 5:30am, call me at 402-432-5334
before 10pm Tuesday and I'll bring it up with me.  Otherwise, you'll
have to wait til the weekend.

Barring delays, I return at 11pm Friday, so I suppose I could pass it
off then if you want to meet me at Epply that night.

I can't guarantee I'll have email access while gone.

Or you could just give me an address and I'll mail it in a padded
envelope next week.  RAM's light.