[olug] Hauppauge TV card recommendations

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Fri Apr 18 19:15:16 UTC 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008 12:33:31 Eric P wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to put together a MythTV setup, and it looks like Hauppauge TV
> cards (w/remote and IR emitter) may be the way to go.
>
> I don't have cable TV, but I will be getting a digital converter
> whatchamajig for my analog TV and 9' antenna.  So I'd like to run the
> signal from that through the Hauppauge TV card/MythTV setup on the way to
> the TV.
>
> I'm looking on eBay for something relatively on the cheap.  Can anyone tell
> me their experiences with any of the prevalent models?  I'm seeing these
> Hauppauge card models: 150, 250, 350 and 500.  Also, I'm seeing Hauppauge
> WinTV Go cards as well.  So I'm a little at a loss of what I should be
> aiming for.

I have a 150 and it works well with Cox (I just have extended basic).   I have
no idea what will happen after the great fiasco next February.    I have 4
old school TV's and the Mythbuntu box all hooked up to cable, so I'm hoping
they'll just work.   I'm sure Cox will find a way to get a nice rate increase
in for this.

Dave