[olug] Hauppauge TV card recommendations

Shawn Mattingly smattin at mimezine.org
Mon Apr 21 04:29:27 UTC 2008

I have a Tivo HD and a Series 3 (on lifetime subscriptions) and have
previously owned two series 2's.  Both of my current units have 2 cable
cards.  I love them because my wife (who is a neo-Luddite) knows how to
use them and would not have the patience for a MythTV rig.  Its so easy
to use that my 5-year old can operate the remote...thankfully he can't
read very well yet or we'd have a bunch of season passes for kids shows
filling up the hard drives.  Deep down inside they run linux, but in my
opinion they have one of the most well designed user interfaces ever
written.