[olug] Moving A/V video to my box

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 17:31:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just got my hands on an older video camera that only has RCA A/V outputs.

What are my best options for dumping the video/audio to my box?  My current video card doesn't have any inputs and my
sound card only has an 1/8" input.

I see video cards on eBay that have RCA video inputs.  So I figure I need to get one of those.  How about the sound
card?  Maybe I just need an RCA to 1/8" adapter(?)

Are there any other options I'm missing?

I can probably figure out the software to use (I've got a LJ subscription, and I'm pretty sure I've seen audio featured
in a fairly recent issue), but I'd be open to hear people's experiences.

Thanks for reading.
Eric P.