[olug] Network Binding in VirtualBox on Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10)

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 05:26:44 UTC 2007

I have Virtual Box installed on one of my Kubuntu
Gutzy Gibbon boxes.  The Windows XP Home VM cannot
connect to the internet.  I've googled and read the
following documentation to no avail:

www.bluetwanger.de/blog/

ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/10/12/how-to-install-virtualbox-open-source-edition-on-ubuntu-710/

I cp interfaces in /etc/network/ then edit the old
interfaces based on the above articles BUT then both
the host (Kubuntu) and guest (Windows XP Home)
internat connections don't work.

I'm using a static IP and have one ethernet card and
one ethernet cable attached.

Next is:
Linux Format November 2007, pages 98-101

Also checking into for help with USB devices:
www.blog.arun-prabha.com/2007/10/26/usb-not-working-with-virtualbox-in-ubuntu-7-10-gutsy-gibbon/trackback/

Help in plain English (step by step) appreciated.

Joe