[olug] dual dvi card

T M to.the.brink at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 03:38:24 UTC 2007

> Just to throw out another thought, if your HP only supports AGP 2x and
> the card is an 8x, it may not play well together. (not everything is
> backwards compatible)

with the old quadro4 980XGL installed, I booted into linux and checked
the boot messages for AGP info:

# dmesg | grep agp

agpgart: Detected VIA KM400/KM400A chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is ......
agpgart: Found an AGP compliant device at 0000:00:00.0
agpgart: Device is in legacy mode, falling back to 2.x
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00:0 into 4x mode
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00:1 into 4x mode