[olug] Cox Issues Was: Cox sucks

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Jul 22 02:01:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, July 20, 2007 00:02, Sam Tetherow wrote:
> My DS3 in Valentine is $3850/mo, that is transport and IP. It is a Qwest
> line resold by Bandwidth.com. In Lincoln I can get it for about
> $125/mbps wirelessly with as low as a couple of mbps commit. T1s are
> still prohibitive in Qwest territory running between $500-$750. I
> haven't priced Lincoln T1s recently.

Hmm, a DS3 is 45Mbit (IIRC).  So, if I had a 10Mbit connection at home and
I wanted to have a guaranteed 10Mbit allocation of that, my cost would be
$(( 10/45 * 3850 )) or $855.56 (plus something for you to maintain the
router with the DS3 card). :)

<humor>
Now, can I find an ISP that will guarantee that my 10Mbit speed is
*everywhere* at *all times*?
Even a lowly 10Mbit connection into every BitTorrent seeder computer would
be great!
</humor>

Dan

- - - -
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot,
jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-- Ed Howdershelt (Author)

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)
Rolm, ARPA, pink noise, mol, Firewalls, UT/RUS, racal
B.D.M.,Sphinx, eavesdropping, DSD, garbage, screws, UHF, Hillal
757, Coderpunks, 51, Flu, Fort Meade, l0ck, RCMP