[olug] Vista is AMAZING!!!!

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 00:45:40 UTC 2007

Just a partial subreply on this.  Most of Sean's points are valid, but one
might be a bit off :).  See below for it... heh.

On 7/13/07, Sean Kelly <smkelly at zombie.org> wrote:

> I'm very confused here. You seem to be blaming all of this on Vista. I
> assume this based on the Subject of your message and the conclusion of
> your
> e-mail. However, most of the things you outline are in fact not Vista's
> fault, but HP/Compaq's.
> > o - I decide to uninstall some of the software such as AOL and the
> > like.  Guess what they're not in the program listing.  Ha! Ha! Ha!
> > You can delete the Icon, but the love is always going to be there.
> > Unless you use msiinv to work get real access to the underlying
> > packages if they actually used a package
>
> Not Vista.

Actually, I recall 95 and 98 retail shipping with AOL (and possibly MSN ?
been years, can't recall) coming installed even if you de-select them from
advanced configuration stuff during the install.  It's possible this is a
Vista bundling issue and not an OEM one.

Not ever installed retail Vista from scratch, I could very well be speaking
out of my arse, but there is a good possibility that Vista is indeed bundled
with AOL.

-Will