[olug] .vsd to something readable in linux?

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Feb 2 04:19:15 UTC 2007

On Thu, February 1, 2007 22:40, Charles Bird wrote:
> i have a visio file that I have to get opened and write down data for the
> worlds largest spreadsheet by 530 am tomorrow, and insight on getting vsd
> to read?
> From what i have been reading, looks like i am screwed. :(

That's what I'm seeing, too. :(

Would installing the MS Visio viewer under Wine help?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3fb3bd5c-fed1-46cf-bd53-da23635ab2df&displaylang=en

If it's just some text within the file, you could try using "strings" on
the .VSD file to see if it has any human-readable information you could
use.

Dan

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov