[olug] OT: IPod problem on a MAC

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 15:20:31 UTC 2007

I don't have access to an IPod so I can't help the guy
easily.  I know some of you are familiar with them so
I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for any help.

Joe Gulizia
SCOLA

From: John <joring at cox.net>
Date: Tue Jan 16, 2007  2:03:59  PM US/Central
To: Joe Gulizia <jrgulizia at scola.org>
Cc: techsupport at scola.org
Subject: iPod problem

Hi Joe:

It was good talking to you on the phone. Here's the
information.

30 GB iPod (capacity 27.89 GB)
Software Version 1.2.1
Model # MA444LL

Laptop Computer
MacBook Pro
Operating System
OS X
Version 10.4.8

Quick Time 7.1.3, Player Version 7.1.3

iTunes
Version 7.0.2 (15)

Web Browser
Safari
Version 2.0.4 (419.3)

I am an individual subscriber. I log in on the SCOLA
website. I go to SCOLA Channel 2. I go to the latest
available Nightly News: Jornal Noticias from Brasila
and click to download. After the download is complete,
the description under the icon (on the desktop) ends
in .exe. I delete the .exe. I am then able to play the
whole hour news program both audio and video on either
Quick Time or on iTunes. I sync the iPod and iTunes,
which puts the news program on the iPod. The video
plays all the way through on the iPod, but the audio
stops at 35 minutes. This happens with all the hour
news programs that I try to play on the iPod. If I
scroll ahead on the iPod to 30 minutes into the
program, the audio will then play for five minutes and
then cut out at the 35 minute mark.

Thanks for your help.