[olug] VNC question

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 19:04:46 UTC 2005

I want to access a Windows desktop from my Linux machine.  There are
no firewalls between the two, and I can ping one from the other, even
access the web server on one machine from another, etc.

I have TightVNC installed on my Windows machine and RealVNC was
install on the Linux box (with Ubuntu installed).  The Windows box has
the TightVNC client running as a service and it listening to port
5900.

On the Linux box, when I type: "vncviewer windowname"  I get
"Connection Refused"

If (on the Linux box) I type: "vncviewer -listen" and on the Windows
box I do "add a new client" and type in "linuxname::5500" it
connection fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Mike Hostetler