[olug] Open Source UML tool

Robert A. Jacobs r.a.jacobs at cox.net
Tue Feb 8 06:30:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 18:34 -0800, VHP3 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there is an open source UML tool,
> or perhaps even a Visio equivilant, that anyone is
> familiar with?  Maybe something that works with, or is
> part of, Open Office?   Preferably, I'd like it to be
> Windows based for ease of printing (can't print under
> Linux, but that's whole other story).

Its not open source but it is Free (gratis):  Poseidon for UML
http://www.gentleware.com/products/descriptions/ce.php4

I believe that, many editions ago, it may have been based on
ArgoUML but I can vouch for Poseidon.  We use it at
Northrop Grumman to do UML diagrams for our clients.

Worth a look.

- raj